@ “Europeans Against Fake News” event in Greece
Are you a youth educator willing to take part in tackling fake news and disinformation?
– Do you like to work in a collaborative and creative environment?
Are you ready to exchange your knowledge and support young people in learning about fake news and inspire them to be active citizens?
If your answer to these questions is YES, you are the right address – the one that will help you achieve your ambitions!
How will we do this?
We are organizing Europeans Against Fake News (EAF) event in Thessaloniki, Greece, where we will bring together large number of young people and engage them in a discussion about fake news that are surrounding online sphere. Through the series of creative activities mixing methodology of living libraries and collaborative workshops, we will work on enhancing their media literacy and inspiring critical thinking of young people in order to enable them to learn how to recognize, debunk and deconstruct fake news. These events will address fake news on 4 thematic units in which the majority of the fake news today is created:
- Fundamental rights in the time of Covid-19
- Climate cha(lle)nge
- Migration: “Hometown of disinformation and populist campaigns”
- Euroscepticism as a democratic barrier
BUT WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT!
If you decide to become part of our EAF team, we are offering you to:
- learn about new creative methodologies in working with young people,
- exchange with youth educators from all across Europe,
- meet with media experts from various fields who will bring fake news closer to young people,
- establish wide network of partners and experts that will allow you to expand your work and enhance understanding of diverse national realities at the topic.
Once selected, you will receive a capacity building program that will boost your skills and allow you to engage into implementation of EAF events! As a youth educator, you will have a critical role in supporting participants of the event as someone who will inspire young people to comprehend the fake news and creatively express themselves addressing the fake news content. Here, your skills and expertise in non-formal and experiential educational approaches will be
used. But don’t worry in advance about the process, we will be there to boost your skills and make your ready for your active participation at EAF event.
Let’s talk a little bit about the criteria that you should met in order to be able to become youth educator.
Are you the one we are looking for?
If you are:
- Youth educator with some previous knowledge of fake news, disinformation, and critical thinking,
- Coming from Belgium, Spain, Slovenia, Greece, Croatia or any other European country that is part of the Citizens, Equality, Rights and Values programme,
- Able to communicate well in English language,
- Willing to actively participate in the event during its entire duration,
- Ready to participate in the online preparatory training that will be held before the start of the event.
We can’t wait for you to apply!
Where and how to apply?
You can apply by filling in the application form at: https://forms.gle/o9JctHEYovyQ6pQf6
The deadline for submitting the application is 15th of August 2023.
What if I get selected?
First, you will go through the online capacity building program that will prepare you for active participation at EAF events.
Also, you should be ready to travel to Greece, as the event will take place from 27th to 30th of September in Thessaloniki! There, you will be supporting the work of international EAF teams and share your expertise with other creative minds on tackling fake news and its impact on young people in Europe.
The organizers are covering all costs related to your travel, accommodation, and food during the EAF event.
This project “Europeans Against Fake News” is co-funded by the European Union.